May 7, 2020 Board Meeting Notes

image15

All board members present: Jimmy, Jim, Ryan, Shelly 

1. Follow up since last meeting: 

a. Jim fixed the sprinkler system. Only 3 more heads to replace and then it’ll be all up and running. 

b. Jimmy filed taxes

c. Graffiti on electric box- followed up again with wiregrass electric, will repaint soon…

d. 109 patriot- front lawn cut by Jackie and Rick- still problem of house maint. And backyard

e. Pine straw put in. thanks!

f. New fence put in-  jim will stain in a few months after the wood cures. About $200 for cost of stain. Jim doing the labor for free. 

g. Neighborhood party- shoot for same time next year 

h. Annual meeting: Sept 19th? tentative

2. 109 patriot-

a. Front lawn cut by Jackie and Rick, still problem of house maint and backyard

b. House estimate cost to repair- ryan to follow up

3. Current contract for lawn care ends 5/5/2020. L&L Lawncare to sign a new contract for another year for $4400- increased emphasis on taking care of bahia grass in park

4. Maintenance: 

a. Need new bushes in front- ryan

b. Need sand in playground- ryan

February 25, 2020 Board Meeting Notes

image16

All board members present: Jimmy, Jim, Ryan, Shelly

1. Overview of current financial status 

a. 20 houses did not pay dues this year, 6 of those have balances from previous years. bookkeeper will put updates liens on all who owe in the next few days

b. Highest balance- owes $957- rents house; Jimmy to contact/follow up

Report on taxes- Jimmy

a. W-2s not sent- needed to be filed electronically by an accountant this year; decided to risk facing fine instead; cheaper option 

b. Taxes to be filed soon- do not need to be filed by accountant 

update on violation infractions

a. car towed by Ferguson; not claimed yet

b. Noise complaints on house by entrance 

c. Graffiti on electric box- followed up, will repaint soon…

d. bushes cut by WB Lawncare, fee added to lien

Fence Quotes

a. Allied Fence Co.  $9216

b. Dixie Fence Co.  $14,852

c. Tri State Fence & Iron $9285

all verbal quotes. Ryan and Jim to follow up and see if can get a cheaper bid

Neighborhood Party

a. Sorry I didn’t get it together in feb. will try again for march 14 or 21st?

b. 3-6pm

c. Ask for RSVP to plan for food; 50 people prob upper limit

d. Pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, chips, drinks, cookies

e. Bounce house, corn hole, bubbles, chalk, food, decorations

Other Misc.

a. Book keeper was paid end of jan.- up to date

b. Lawn care bids send out by jimmy soon

c. Bushes to be put in by front entrance- ryan

d. Pine straw to be put out when- soon, Ryan to purchase and deliver

e. Shelly is now administrator for LP facebook page, although I don’t check much- tell me if problem noticed… 

f. annual meeting- prob sept 19th 

g. Seasonal decorator- Jackie and Rick accepted; $75/season

Jan. 14, 2020 Board Meeting Notes

image17

Board members present: Jim, Jimmy, Shelly

1. Taxes- Jimmy update

a. 1099s L&L Lawncare, Bookkeeper- estimated completion date: end of January 

b. Tax form will also be completed and filed by Jimmy

Lawn care bids

a. Send out just a handful from companies that bid price range last year- Shelly send addresses to Jimmy to mail out bids

b. Current contract needs: ask for pampas grass to be extensively cut down and ant beds treated on next visit

Violations

a. White car in overflow parking lot: driven and then re-parked regularly, tag kept up to date, no action taken at this time 

b. 109 Patriot update- letter not sent out end of December as on scheduled, letter sent out last Monday, will take action end of January if bushes not taken care of by owner; Walter Brown lawn company gave best price bid to do job if needed

Other pending: oil leaking car; and house on corner with excessive cars parked in street  and littering and noise issue complaints from neighbors- Jimmy to follow up on both 

Park Maintenance

a. New fixes: new rules sign (old one rotted out of ground), fence repairs ongoing, sprinkler system half finished 

b. Plan more fixes to do: 

i. Fence: patch job not holding, new section blown over: Jim will get a few quotes for company to hire to completely replace fence. Prob only have money to fix half this year and half next year; going to be pricey

ii. Sprinkler system: Jim and Rick fixing; half done; $200 ish more to replace the rest of the damaged sprinkler heads and other parts

iii. Bushes: Jimmy will contact Ryan to ask him to put in new bushes to replace dead ones at entrance

Sand in play area?: to be addressed at a future date 

Neighborhood Party

a. Food, cornhole, bounce house

b. Date: Saturday Feb 8th or 15th(if rained out)

c. Time: 10am-2pm

d. Budget: about $800 if needed

2. Newsletter

a. Party

3. Seasonal decorator: ask around for volunteer

a. Small decorations for different seasons, holidays throughout the year to decorate the front entrance

Seasonal Decorator?

small decorations for different seasons, holidays throughout the year to decorate front entrance

will ask around for volunteer

Annual Homeowners Association Meeting

image18

Saturday October 26, 2019

8 homeowners were in attendance (which includes all board members except Robert)

Overview of updated budget

a. Currently 9 liens on properties due to unpaid dues and rule violations

b. Unanimous agreement to raise dues next year to $185 (less than 5% increase). This will help to cover anticipated costs for more fence repairs, new sand at the park, fix sprinkler system at park and entrance, landscaping, repairs to pavilion

c. Unanimous agreement to budget $1500 to fix the sprinkler system at the front entrance and park and another $1500 budgeted to put in new plants at entrance front and sides where they are dead or look bad

1. Introduction of Board Members

2. Overview of changes in the past year

Added more houses to phase II

Basketball goal

New lawn care company- L&L Lawncare started new contract about May. plan to send out bids again at the beginning of 2020

Marcus no longer president

Updates to maintain playground and fence

3. Overview and brief discussion about current rules table

4. Save the date: Annual yard sale Saturday Nov 2nd

 All agreed that Elisabeth can buy 5 heavy duty, reusable signs to advertise for $100 

Election of officers and ask for volunteers

Secret ballot

Tally and announce results 

Aug 22, 2019 Board Meeting Notes

image19

Review of new lawn care company- L&L Lawncare:

a. last came 9 days ago. In contract to come every 10-14 days. Asked for a call or drop by my house after each time they come for the next few times; ask them to put in some new pine straw soon (in contract for pine straw in fall and spring.)

b. Sprinkler System?- Jim to talk to person on how to turn on the water to diagnose problems and fix. After fix, we will put in some new bushes by the entrance where they are currently dead, and water during drought times

Update on taxes:

a. Done for the year. Plan for next year: Jimmy volunteers to do them again

Budget and Dues Collected:

a. Review pages from Emi

b. Changes in budget: spend needed money on sprinkler system fix, and increase budget for fall party to $750 or less

c. Ryan will pay bookkeeper each month

Rules and Violations:

a. 119 Paul backyard issue fixed

b. Car parked in overflow parking excessively

c. Patriot house still unkempt in front yard

d. Reviewed protocol for violation notices

Neighborhood Annual Meeting and Fall Party

a. Elect new officers

b. Budget to spend: $750

c. Activities: inflatable slide ($300 ish), corn hole…? (wait to see about weather for waterslide or dry slide)

d. Food: breakfast: fruit trays, croissants, juice, water, muffins, breakfast casserole? 

e. When: Saturday Oct 19th at 9am-noon at park

Other items:

1. Neighborhood Yard Sale: Ryan to check with Elisabeth to head up

   a. 1st Saturday of November would be a good time; make it a yearly thing

2. New newsletter to go out soon 

3. Halloween date up for vote- might be changed to last Saturday in October

4. Fence repairs and staining up to date by Mr. Jim

5. Goals: 

   a. New sand under play structure at park: Ryan

   b. Will need to budget money for more fence repairs and major pavilion repairs for next year

6. PO Box- same address, now 2 keys- Jim and Shelly

Board members present at meeting: Jimmy, Jim, Shelly, Ryan

May 23, 2019 Board Meeting Notes

image20

Members present: Jim, Jimmy, Shelly

Information from meeting presented to Ryan and Robert in email, with votes taken in response

Lawn Care

 Review all lawn care quotes- 23 bids came in

 Narrowed bids down to 4, to receive input from board members not present

Finances

· Discuss proposed job description/needs for new financial management person

· 2 signature policy for all checks 

· Cut up debit card issued for new bank account- will use only checks for reimbursal

Post Office Box

 Jim to check on post office box- see if we can change name on account and get second key 

April 16 2019 Board Meeting Notes

image21

Board members present: Marcus, Jimmy, Jim, Shelly

Rules and Enforcement procedures

Review of rules and where they are in the bylaws and CC&R, appeals committee 

New basketball goal to be set up at park

 Will monitor park for bad behavior 

To fix wood on playground structure that is rotting

Lawn Care complaints

68 companies- letters soon to be sent out for a re-bid 

Taxes update

Filed an extension to get some paperwork done, not all needed this year

1120 H class- 6 month time frame

New bank account set up (with new EIN), new EIN obtained

April 4, 2019 Board Meeting Notes

image22

Board Members Present: Marcus, Jim, Jimmy, Ryan, Shelly

Beautification of Neighborhood

o Ryan to talk to Michael about putting something in empty space where trees came down from hurricane (not HOA common property)

o Marcus to talk to guy about car parked in front yard of house

o Thanks to ryan for putting bushes in front by park

o Jim will be spraying/staining fence soon and getting some new boards on playground

o Basketball goals to go back up in park? Patrol area, only put one basket on one end- Jim to look up a price and get back to board

o Lawn care bids- current contract end of may; current company does not have insurance- marcus will talk to Matt about getting some insurance and jimmy to put out bids for all insured and licensed companies to see what quotes we can get; use same bid forms from last time, shelly to email jimmy bid form from last year with slight changes

Neighborhood Rules

 How to enforce, what the rules are ...

o Problems 

o parking

February 21, 2019 Board Meeting Notes

image23

Members present: Marcus Cotton, Jim Wood, Jimmy Singleton, Ryan Kriser, Shelly McNary

progress on tax and legal documents

a. marcus will contact emi to give further info for w-2 and 1099

b. jimmy to get EIN- needs bank account info from emi

c. emi got new HOA laptop for accounting purposes with new quick books software

d. emi still needs to get new bank acocount set up- when she is ready to switch over info

e. then will need to do federal and state taxes- Jimmy

Spring festival- or beginning of summer

a. Hamburgers, hotdogs, petting zoo, 

b. Sometime in April, pending date

Marcus will still follow up with cash app to put on website for a dues payment option

Wiregrass electric

a.  street lights to LED sometime in feb- this month; some poles need to be straightened too- Ryan follow up

b. Coming out first part of march to destroy all bushes in front of sign- on the side by the street; starting yearly clean up so they will have access if they need it- advertise on website and emails shelly; marcus will advertise on facebook page

Upkeep projects:

a. sidewalk repair- Ryan

b. ground cover- leave Leland Cyprus and put in new Indian Hawthorn with pinestraw- Ryan

c. replace some parts of the play structure at the park that is rotting- Jim

d. restain fence- Jim

e. dog park at the community park- Marcus to post on facebook to see if there is a community interest

f. neighborhood clean up day? - tba

g. google doc agenda- will continue to use for next meeeting

h. community codes- parking issue on street and in overflow

January 24, 2019 Board Meeting Notes

image24

Transition of Responsibilities to new Board Members

HOA Board Meeting Notes: January 24, 2019


Attendance:


Marcus Cotton - President

Shelly McNary - Vice President

Jimmy Singleton - Treasurer

Ryan Kriser - Treasurer

Robert Kennedy - Secretary


*Jackie Federico - previous board  member

*Emi Hurst - previous board member


Jim Wood - Board Member (Unable to attend)


MEETING DISCUSSION

- Keys to shed turned over to new board members

- Discussed tax write off for HOA dues. Marcus following up with Brenda Young for write off rules.

- Removal of verbage for write off notes on HOA website until clarified.

- Emmi Hurst (Prior Treasurer) will continue to help until fully transitioned to Ryan and Jimmy.

- Robert to put HOA dues reminder sign out for March 1st.

- Discussed late fees and past due HOA charges.  

- Emi will purchase new lap top (approx. $300) for treasury use and upgrade Quick Books.

- Jackie will continue to handle "Yard of the Month." The guideline of recieving "Yard of the Month" 

    will continue to be only once per year, per home.

- Discussed PayPal and Cash App to be able to pay HOA dues electronically.

- Marcus following up with camera system.

- Discussed littering within the neighborhood and when walking pets to pick up after them.

- Discussed shared Google Docs for Board Members to table agenda items and Marcus will set up.

- HOA email will now be transitioned to Jimmy.

- Discussed key HOA bylaws to include inoperable vehicles and curb parking. 

- Facebook will be handled by Marcus.

- Wiregrass Electric will be in the neighborhood over the next couple of weeks cleaning around 

    transformers and installing LED bulbs in the neighborhood street lamps.

- Discussed the removal of stumps by Ryan and what to put in that spot; plants, shrubbery, Leland Cypress.

- Discussed bowing of fence and replacement in common area and Ryan will take out Leland Cypress. 

- Ryan will attempt to repair sidewalk with board volunteers. 


- Follow Up Topics for subsequent meeting


- Sidewalk Repair

- Brenda Young tax write off guidelines.

- Treasury transition

- Late fees 

- New Treasury computer and Quickbooks.

- Online payment for HOA dues.

- Google Docs for Agenda

- Ground cover where stumps were removed


Next Board Meeting : February 21, 2019

December 20, 2018 Board Meeting Notes

image25

first meeting with new board- all members present

· Introductions

· Voting within the board to establish board positions

· Marcus nominated for president

· Shelly nominated for vice president

· Robert for secretary

o Newsletter

o Take notes at meetings

o Update website

· Jimmy for treasurer

  collect dues, send out letters for dues and leins

· Ryan for treasurer

· Jim- board member

· Will hand over keys and information about bank accounts etc – meeting in January with old board members 

Legal work- 

· Concerns about price for lawn care, bylaws and rules and treating the residents of the subdivision fairly (especially in regard to architectural control committee buildings and parking)

· All the work that has been done in the neighborhood in the past year- fence, etc

Follow up for next time:

· Desire for neighborhood participation and parties 

· Participation idea to also get stickers for cars to show that they live here

· For next meeting- look into fixing sidewalk issue in neighborhood- ryan offers to fix with concrete saw for follow up

· Cedar stumps behind fence by entrance- need to be taken out

· Jim has 8-10 more fence posts that he is going to fix

· Rule violations- send out subdivision rules and bylaws with sale of new houses

talked about revision of community codes and enforcement; community codes have been updated and new revised copy has been posted to website

Next meeting- jan 24th

December 13, 2018 Annual Meeting

image26

"The Other Side Lawn Care" Introduction

Overview of 2018 Budget and Spending so far

handouts about budget and individual expenses passed out (also available on our website under Downloads) and specifics discussed

question about tax deductions

dues will stay the same for the upcoming year (may be paid online, by check or cash)

Nominations and Volunteers for Board of Directors

Volunteers: 

  Jimmy Singleton

  Ryan Kriser

  Robert Kennedy

Voting by Secret Ballot

votes taken and tallied by nominating committee

29 votes by home owners in person or by proxy (14 homes in attendance at meeting)

New Board Announced

Everyone who volunteered will by on the new board, including those who wanted to stay in from the pre-existing board: 

Marcus, Jim, Shelly, Ryan, Jimmy and Robert

October 16, 2018 Board Meeting Notes

image27

All members present, except Jackie


Liability insurance quotes for park- quotes so far are about the same as what we have now 

· Currently we only have liability and not property insurance. No deductible. Other quote was for $500 deductible and max $2 million coverage general aggregate

· Will keep current coverage


Corporation update-

 The president of the Board of Directors, Marcus Cotton, announced that the Certificate of Formation of the Liberty Park Dothan Homeowners Association, Inc., a nonprofit Alabama corporation, in form as approved by the board of directors, had been filed in the office of the Judge of Probate of Houston County, Alabama on October 2, 2018.  On motion duly made by, seconded and unanimously carried, it was RESOLVED that the Certificate of Formation of the Association is ratified and approved as filed.  The Association will act at all times as a not-for-profit Association and only for the benefit of the owners and residents of the Liberty Park Subdivision, and it was RESOLVED that the board would take all necessary steps to ensure the qualification of the corporation as a nonprofit organization under the Internal Revenue Code. It was further RESOLVED that all action heretofore taken by the Board of Directors of the Association prior to incorporation should be and is now ratified and adopted by the corporation.”


CPA for tax information/consultation- 

Called 4 companies and had a hard time getting a price quote because we don’t know for sure how long it will take to fill out forms and how much info we will need to include

     Need assistance with getting new federal filing EIN and 1023/1023EZ

    Received invoice from Allison Lumbatis for about $625- should be last invoice for their services, except for any new filing fees with state

   IRS filing fee for 1023EZ is about $850

   To get new tax id number is about $125

    May need help filing 1023EZ with CPA


Overview of liens and budget-

   Most people have paid by now- some liens placed but most have paid or on a payment plan now

    More checks have come in


Things to work on for maintenance-  

   Possible to dos: New swing set $1268 and extra for labor and removal of current swing set

   Fence needs fixing- 

     Will start piece by piece as finances permit

     Hurricane damage $500

     Front fence that is old- replaced old boards $1300

     Total about $1800 (includes paint and stain)

    Race track and four square board on cement slab- not done yet

    Sign to put out front to advertise annual meetings etc. $80

    More pine straw added at park just from off nearby trees- still will add some more pine straw purchase

    Dog station with bags for clean up? 


Fall Festival- to plan? 

About $300 left in budget for the year to spend

November 17th tentatively 1-4pm


Website- payment and voting online? 

Grove Park uses Regency for payment


Street sweeping in phase 2 to get rid of the dirt from construction on the road- Jim will look into it and talk to Kriser Homes about the complaint


County will come by on all streets and pick up limbs etc. on the side of the street for free on the last day of the month


Next newsletter to send out soon with improvements, info about fall party and financial statement

Need to expand, make more friend requests for our official facebook site


Yard of the month- October: 101 Pioneer Trail


Next meeting: TBA

HOA Annual Meeting Notes

image28

August 7, 2018

Home owners in attendance: 15 total persons

1. Concerns:

     a. Paying HOA dues for vacant lots- to ask attorney

    b. Architectural control committee- concerns about sheds matching the look of the subdivision

2. Introductions

3. Community codes- on website, please view if you have not seen them yet

4. New contact info- 

    a. In the process of getting a new phone number to contact board

    b. New facebook page- please join!

5. Financial goals for next year- ideas

6. Lawn care- reviewing changes 

    a. Concerns: licensed and insured company

    b. Quote for getting pine straw cheaper

7. Annual budget updates for 2018- how much money we have spent so far this year; ending balance as of August 1st- $12,928.74

    a. Might increase dues to pay for upkeep

    b. Collecting dues and placing liens

    c. Contacting realtors with information about HOA rules and regulations

8. Announcements

   a. Soon to be developed property across trawick rd- last city meeting- agreed that it will strictly by single family homes instead of proposed 4 and 7 plexes

    b. 911 response time- Houston County

9. Volunteers for board and committees

2018 HOA Board Meeting Notes

image29

January 18th

All Board Members present except Melissa, and also present: guest Ryan Kriser- to report about new sign on phase II

  • Updates on dues paid 
  • Landscaping update- apple tree needs to be taken out, limbs taken off big tree in park by pavilion- Ryan
  • Plan to fix fence by front entrance- need to get new quotes
  • Jackie Battles- out of the country, not able to get speed limits sign yet
  • Parking grievances- cars parked on the street and cars in the overflow parking. black car in overflow parking that has been parked in the same spot for months. Towed cars taken by Shaulman Wrecker located on Southgate Rd in Dothan AL 334-790-5401
  • Yard of the month- December- Billy and Yolanda Parker!! Will resume yard of the month awards in the springtime
  • Financial Statement (how dues money has been spent since new board) will be distributed in next newsletter.
  • Next annual meeting May 2018- all board members up for re-election each year
  • Fireworks equipment sold that was previously used for 4th of july fireworks show. It was illegal for HOA board to use this equipment.  needed 1 million dollar insurance coverage and  license from county because it was a public gathering. sold for $450 which will be added to HOA budget
  • New things that will be added to website- welcome letter from emi, and trash pick up dates for holidays from Jackie
  • Delete old website- marcus
  • Ashley- list for park maintenance company for some spots that need special attention at park
  • Updates- reading notes from last meeting and checking back on updates
  • Vote on what to do for park concrete slab- will vote at annual meeting of how to spend money- fence breaking, swing set not lasting, concrete slab, boarder on playground area to keep sand in
  • Bruce Hall, attorney – questions about bylaws and CC and R
  • Park liability insurance rates increased for this year- will get requoted. Reviewed all necessary information needed for coverage and current coverage limits
  • New Newsletter coming in February-  look out for yard of the month, if you want help with pressure washing recommendations, financial statement from year end, remind trash cans and speed limit
  • Get rid of sign advertising Liberty Park homes on trawick rd- old sign that’s falling over 
  • Next meeting- March 1st at 7pm. Usual 

March 1st

All board members present except Jackie

  • Updates on dues. Receipts for dues paid by check will go out soon. Reminder letter for unpaid dues to go out and then liens to be placed starting march 31st
  • Budget- lawn care, comcast service canceled, electric, water, postage and supplies, website fee (next payment due September-ish), common space liability insurance
  • Monthly expenditures around $610
  • Annual expenditures are around $8100/year (extra park maintenance x2/year)
  • Need contact info for park maintenance service- Ashley will send out
  • Updates on items from last meeting: 
  • Apple tree and limbs hanging onto pavilion were removed
  • Fence quotes- repaint front, wash off mildew, 12- 15 posts need replacing, 15-20 boards need replacing,      new stain about $3500 Tri-State fence
  • Insurance coverage for public areas- requoted and needs to be      re-evaluated
  • New speed limit signs have      gone up
  • Trash pick up schedule for holidays and welcome letter now on website
  • Derek has to delete old website- marcus will check
  • Old liberty park sign is gone
  • Trash pick up schedule for      holidays is now on website
  • Papers to send out- newsletter, financial statement, community codes. will dispurse to each house and online March 24th
  • Send copies to Ashley to print
  • No yard of the month yet
  • Book library community room now
  • Marcus to write up an outline for open board meeting to discuss community codes
  • Annual meeting is for may- all board members up for re-election
  • Make up a proxy form on website- so people can have it listen and on file 

April 26th

All board members present, Ashley moved and Marcus is now the President. 

1. Review minutes from last meeting: 

    a. Dues: discussed who has still not paid and liens placed 

     b. lawn care- will almost take up all of the remaining budget to pay for increased amount for lawn care; All bids are higher than current service- considered yrs work experience, previous type of work completed, price

   c. Common space liability insurance- same as before, no update

   d. Community code implementation-

          i. All board members can send out letters/notices- need envelopes and stamps from emi, files for each lot need to be kept to make sure no duplicates… emi will keep records so there are no duplicates of letters sent

         ii. Look at document about code implementation- take pictures and communicate as soon as you file

  e. Updates since last meeting- 

        i. New lines in community parking, bike rack and grills painted, grill covers in place, big logs removed from playground

       ii. How are plans for cement paint coming? Hop scotch and race track- Jim will do

    f. Did derek delete old website, marcus follow up- yes!

    g. Proxy form now on website

    h. Need to talk to emi about what lot owners we have contact info for

    i. Yard of the month- not yet

2. Community codes- any suggestions or changes? 

3. Park Maintenance and Lawn Care- changes made recently- updates for the neighborhood

4. Annual budget 2018 review- same as listed on page distributed with march newsletter

      a. Water bill for park events- costs more to turn it off and turn it back on than to keep it on

     b. Wiregrass electric- lights on the street

5. General problems with dues payments- letters have been sent about money due, list of people who owe money is decreasing, treasurer actively working on contacting and placing liens

6. Our website- Libertyparkdothan.com

7. Park security cameras- incident in the past with a vehicle stolen- cameras picked it up and person was arrested and vehicle was retrieved

8. New speed limit signs placed

9. Contact info

May 17th, 2018

All board members present

1. Updates on current issues: 

    a. Dues: discussed who has still not paid and liens placed 

    i. Budget updated- attorney costs and money needed to put on lein fees ($180 needed for certified letters and lein fees) increased in budget

     ii. Less money budgeted for maintenance fees

    iii. Setting up auto draft payment plan with those interested to have money paid by the end of the year- to have lein removed

    iv. Looking into professional billing companies

    v. Marcus to buy a cheap, pay as you go phone for HOA contact phone numbers for those who want to talk/schedule time to meet up to talk about sensitive issues

    vi. 7 of those who owe the most on dues will get certified letters stating a balance payment due or payment plan

  b. lawn care- budget update- needed more money for pine straw than was previously budgeted; new lawn care service has done a fabulous job! Lots of new pine straw down and lots of weeds taken out 

     i. won’t need to do pine straw again this year because it went down so thick this past month

  c. older kid swing set safety problem- needs new header; wood getting old- in future? Less than $200- jim will do all labor free

  d. needing repairs on fence- more expensive than we have money for this year

       i. taking out some of the double fencing on the side of the entrance to use those boards to fix broken boards in the front by the street- Jim will look into it to get a quote for next meeting (he will do labor free but will look into usable materials and what needs to be taken down etc.)

  e. still planning on painting hopscotch and race track at park on cement- when we have the money

  f. Common space liability insurance- same as before, no update

  g. Community code implementation-

        i. All board members can send out letters/notices- need envelopes and stamps from emi, files for each lot need to be kept to make sure no duplicates… emi will keep records so there are no duplicates of letters sent

      ii. Look at document about code implementation- take pictures and communicate as soon as you file

      iii. Google document to communicate on violation letters sent

  2. Yard of the month- 112 Anthem Ave

  3. Updates since last meeting- new facebook group

       a. Will put facebook page on website

  4. Reviewed consultation meeting with Bruce Hall

      a. LLC- filing Articles of Incorporation- to do this later

 5. Next annual meeting- need to change the date- August or September

     a. Update website about meeting TBA

6. Next board meeting: June 28th

June 28th, 2018

All board members present except Melissa

1. Updates on current issues: 

  a. Dues: discussed who has still not paid and liens placed 

   i. Budget updated- a few people paid more on past due balances so that our total budget has more money now

   ii. Marcus to buy a cheap, pay as you go phone for HOA contact phone numbers for those who want to talk/schedule time to meet up to talk about sensitive issues- will set up this next week

   iii. Letters going out for those that still owe for this past year

    b. older kid swing set safety problem- if a board is placed on top, the swing set could last a few more years (board and hardware estimate cost $75, jim volunteered to do labor free)

   c. needing repairs on fence- more expensive than we have money for this year

   i. jim quote for materials to replace broken boards, rotted posts and to restain entire fence- $1500. Jim volunteered to do labor free

    d. still planning on painting hopscotch and race track at park on cement- when we have the money

2. Updates since last meeting- 

    a. New facebook page

    b. Goals for next year: fence, swing at park, LLC, sand in play area, boarder around sand area, track around concrete painted

    c. Annual meeting: August 7th at Westgate library? Availability? Shelly will call to schedule. Fliers will be made up and distributed around neighborhood in the next few weeks

    d. May need to increase dues next year by 5% to cover increasing maintenance costs 

3. Next board meeting: August 2nd Thurs. same place and time

August 21st, 2018

All board members present

1. Voting for board members- to send out ballots

     a. Jim wood may run for Vice President

2. Overview of liens and budget

3. Things to work on for maintenance- 

       a. Fixing the swing set- $75 for board for the top to reinforce- can do it now!

       b. New swing set $1268 and extra for labor and removal of current swing set

       c. Fence needs fixing- too expensive for this year

           i. Will start piece by piece as finances permit

      d. Race track and four square board on cement slab- can do it now

      e. Fast signs- sign for park, stating that neighborhood is not liable for injuries $100

     f. Fertilizer for evergreen bushes in front

    g. Ask yard care company to fluff pine straw and see if we need more

4. Matt, for lawn care, is licensed and insured

a. Get registration number and post on website so its visible

5. Talk to Bruce Hall about becoming an LLC and Non-profit

6. Call for quotes about insurance for the park liability- to make sure that its competitive and accurate for our needs 

7. Phone for the HOA- still looking for a good plan that’s not too expensive

8. Committees 

9. Newsletter with financial statement and voting ballot discussed and sent out next meeting

10. Yard of the month- July Emi and Brandon Hurst

i. August- 114 Paul Revere Run

11. Next meeting- September 25th, 7pm 


September 29th, 2018


All members present, except Melissa

1. Follow up from last meeting: 

    a. Neighborhood meeting to try to get quorum for voting- at next annual meeting in spring and vote to change date for paying dues (maybe march?)

    b. Liability insurance quotes for park- quotes so far are about the same as what we have now

    c. Bruce Hall meeting update- almost a nonprofit corporation

    d. CPA for tax information/consultation- get price quotes

   e. Emi- transferring over bank account, new tax id number and send check to bruce hall for money to file as Liberty Park Dothan Homeowners Association, Inc $214

     f. Quorum needed to change bylaws- ¼ of homeowners in subdivision

2. Overview of liens and budget-

     a. Most people have paid by now- some liens placed but most have paid or on a payment plan now

3. Things to work on for maintenance-  

     a. Swing set now has new board on top for reinforcement

    b. New signs at park and entrance- not responsible for injuries at park, website and facebook sites listed

    c. Moved sign at overflow parking to a post so its more visible

    d. Fan broke in shed- needed for  surveillance system- $28 used to fix

    e. Possible to dos: New swing set $1268 and extra for labor and removal of current swing set

    f. Fence needs fixing- too expensive for this year

          i. Will start piece by piece as finances permit

    g. Race track and four square board on cement slab- not done yet

    h. Fertilizer for evergreen bushes in front- or replace, or change to sod

         i. Ask yard care company to fluff pine straw and see if we need more- follow up by Jackie

    j. Dog station with bags for clean up? 

4. Matt, for lawn care, is licensed for Dothan City

5. Website- payment and voting online? 

    a. Grove Park uses Regency for payment

6. Liberty Park has been taken off Dothan Eagle’s list for free newspaper delivery

7. Street sweeping in phase 2 to get rid of the dirt from construction on the road- Jim will look into it and talk to Kriser Homes about the complaint

8. Retention ponds- Kriser Homes owns all of them and is responsible for upkeep- in circle on paul revere, behind phase 2 and in front by entrance

    a. Forward complaint to County Commissioner for assistance

9. Problem with enforcing CC&R due to lack of quorum and lots of rules that are unrealistic

    a. Talking with specific neighbors with problem, but voting is hard to aquire

10. Phone for the HOA- still looking for a good plan that’s not too expensive

11. Newsletter- to send now-

     a. All the updates we have made lately from board

    b. Dues letter to come out beginning of december

    c. Updated financial statement

    d. Ask for ideas for making park more appealing- foursquare courts, doggie station? 

12. Committees 

    a. Architectural control committee- Kriser Homes still has power to enforce provisions, due to the company owning several lots in the subdivision (bylaws, article IX, section 1)

13. Need to expand, make more friend requests for our official facebook site

14. Yard of the month- September- 105 Pioneer Circle Ashley Tolbert

15. Next meeting: TBA 

2017 HOA Board Meeting Notes

image30

September 7, 2017

  • All Board Members Present · 
  • Discussed parking issues-

 Cars shouldn’t sit in the overflow parking long term without moving 

Tag cars in overflow parking if not moved in a few days 

Sign to be made: cars should not park greater than 24 hours, or towed at owners expense · Voting results on ballots 

Lack of participation 

Not enough votes to change anything yet 

 Still need to go door to door for more ballots  

  • Bylaws  -Areas that need to be edited to be more practical- trees, fees, sprinklers etc. ;  “recreational vehicles… must be obscured from front view”  
    • Need to be more accessible and known by resident
    • need original pdf to make changes- Ryan Kriser’s secretary? · Internet subscription to video monitorin
    • i ssues canceling remote access Commercial account · New Internet Sites- Go Daddy, Next Door o More user friendly and easy access 
  •  Libertyparkdothan.com $12/month 
  • Post on Facebook about website when its up and running 
  •  Subscribers for email for newsletter 
  • New email address needed too 
  • Decorations for Fall - Decorate end of October · 
  • Speed Limit - Another sign, or multiple · 
  • Selling firework equipment- pawn shop, ebay · 
  • Next newsletter items
  • community HOA meeting for fall? -Not needed, send complaints to board members with emails  · 
  • Jim fixed playground structural problems- no charge, used old fence post for wood 
  • Big swing needs replacement soon;Park maintenance looked good with new crew;Not enough money to fix or replace fence by park     

October 12, 2017

HOA meeting notes- October 12, 2017 

All board members present, except Melissa · 

Updates on last meetings to dos: 

street lights fixed 

Sign up for extra parking 

Making notices to give out for people parked in overflow in excess 

Newsletter overview 

updates on overdue dues paid Speeding problem- bumps and other options 

County maintains roads 

speed bumps are not installed by county- slows down emergency responses, county liable for all accidents incurred by speed bumps, can cause damage to cars, not very effective to slow down traffic 

Plan to put in speed limit signs- a few in phase 1 and one in phase 2 

Sheriff department and taylor police department asked to patrol this subdivision for speeding 

Wiregrass Electric needs access to electricity boxes- will cut down any bushes in their way if they need to access- please do not plant any new bushes/plants near boxes 

Discussed with District Commissioner about dues not paid and liens being placed on houses 

County doesn’t usually install street lights 

Litter trash pick up service 

Need to turn off comcast 

Updated budget 

Liens are $22/home 

Facebook upset issue 

New park maintenance company-  

Apple tree and dead trees still need to go; Problems not being addressed; flag pole owned by HOA; Pine straw needed ; swing sets that we could install, when funds are available; Sandbox maintenance- tarp, new sand; Shade kites- sturdy and cheap; Fence damage- by overflow parking 

The park is what people first see when they drive in- good to have it look nice o Put in something around playground area to keep sand in- need to put in a new swing first because backhoe needed for that  


November 14, 2017

  · Voting results from parking and majority vote · 

Fees paid, updates ·

 Welcome letter · 

Park maintenance- pine straw, apple tree, fire ant beds, clean up of the trash, leaves and pine needles, work needed; issue to be addressed at the beginning of the year · 

Bylaw infractions · County ordinances- such as noise ordinances…?  · 

New online system for paying HOA dues?- system will charge users fee…  · Add email contact list from emergency contact page · 

Work needed next year on park- swings, fence fixed  o $1500 for new swing set to replace wood swings o $500 for retainer and sand; Could just add caps on fence posts that are damaged · 

Bruce Hall- Lawyer; to update bylaws · 

Parking long term in extra parking area by park ·

 Christmas decorations- go up Monday after thanksgiving · 

Park- concrete slab- adding something to make it nicer? Dog park? ·    

Site Content

image31

Detail your services

If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.

Announce coming events

Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.

Display real testimonials

Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.

Promote current deals

Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.

Share the big news

Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.

Display their FAQs

Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.

Board Meeting Notes

image32

Detail your services

If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.

Announce coming events

Having a big sale, on-site celebrity, or other event? Be sure to announce it so everybody knows and gets excited about it.

Display real testimonials

Are your customers raving about you on social media? Share their great stories to help turn potential customers into loyal ones.

Promote current deals

Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.

Share the big news

Have you opened a new location, redesigned your shop, or added a new product or service? Don't keep it to yourself, let folks know.

Display their FAQs

Customers have questions, you have answers. Display the most frequently asked questions, so everybody benefits.